Thursday, May 10, 2018

About Me

I am a  hobbyist underwater photographer, videographer and graphic designer. I have been  capturing some of the amazing life forms of seas with digital cameras since 2003. Encouraged by my  dive buddies and friends,  I launched my first website in 2005 and named it "Colors of Oceans” to share my underwater images and travel notes.

I have joined a number of photo exhibitions and modestly contributed to underwater magazines in Turkey since 2003.  I featured a solo underwater photo exhibition entitled "Colors of Oceans Through a Diplomat's Lens" at the United Nations Headquarters in New York  on  Sept 8-19, 2008. The exhibit was the first of its kind in many respects as it was the first ever photo exhibition organized by a  diplomat, solely dedicated to underwater photography in the United Nations building. The presentation of the exhibit was also unique as the underwater images were printed on a custom stretched fabric and backlit by energy efficient LED technology. Thanks to those who contributed and supported  it.Click to see the exhibitition WEB page 

Thanks  to my Dear Friend Prof. Harun Özdaş, I have learnt  that Oceans are also  a great source of history. In the last decade  I had the privilege to join a number of underwater archeology expeditions with him,  along the Aegean coast of Turkey which  hosts perhaps one of the  richest archeological treasures in the world. You can check some of the images from these expeditions  at my new WEB page at www.cagatayerciyes.com 

I do not limit my self to underwater photography only. From time to time I also shoot small video clips and take the photos of the topside world.  I am also very much interested  recently in graphic arts. I display samples of some of them in my WEB page too. 

Hope you will like them. 

Fell free  to share with me your views and comments.  






No comments:

Post a Comment